Diana Angus
Jacque Davis
Jeanette Davis
Linda Nelson-Johnson
Jeannie McMacken
Joan Pao
Sharon Richardson
Tara Ritacco
Lynn Rogers
Mary Jo Stipe
Mary Vaneecke
Nancy Young

Friday, June 21, 2013

Sharon Richardson



Artist Statement 

My pursuit of arts and crafts began early, learning sewing in grade school with mother's teaching and assistance.  Over the years I learned a variety of skills such as embroidery, needlepoint, crochet, knitting, quilting, and finally fabric paint and dye for surface design.  The way various art forms are pursued, the more interest there is for any other possibly related art connection, not to mention better available skills.  For example, quilting began in the tradition mode and grew to be very modernistic and pushed me over the edge to use surface design to create my fabric for stitching and/or quilting or piece of fabric art.

I used random and personal designs for my early artwork, creating fabric designs with stitching and attachments.  For inspiration I surveyed a huge variety of books and authors, like Linda and Laura Kemshall, Jane Dunnewold, and many others.  For my earliest formal training I attended a summer school art session just before the 9th grade.  I attended ComplexCloth by Jane Dunnewold in 2005, and again in 2008.  I was subsequently selected to attend 2-1/2 years of training by Jane Dunnewold in Art Cloth Mastery starting in 2011.

Memberships
  • Surface Design Association
Education
  • Art Cloth Mastery, 2011-2013, Instructor: Jane Dunnewold, San Antonio, TX
  • BS Accounting, Minnesota State University Moorhead, Moorhead, MN
  • AA Architectural Drafting & Construction Technology, North Dakota State College of Science, Wahpeton, MN  
Blue and Orange I, II ,III
                                        
Detail
Detail
                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment