Diana Angus
Jacque Davis
Jeanette Davis
Linda Nelson-Johnson
Jeannie McMacken
Joan Pao
Sharon Richardson
Tara Ritacco
Lynn Rogers
Mary Jo Stipe
Mary Vaneecke
Nancy Young

Friday, June 21, 2013

Nancy Young

Nancy Young is an accomplished mixed-media artist. In 2013, she completed the 2 1/2-year Art Cloth Mastery program in San Antonio, Texas. Young's work has been shown in the northeast, including New York City.  She was awarded first prize for sculptural forms at the Mid-Atlantic Fiber Conference and won a monetary prize for a soft sculpture at Convergence, the Handweavers of Guild of America's biennial conference. Her website is nancyyoungartspace.com. 

Artist statement
My current work explores the feelings of isolation and loneliness that can affect older women in our society. Some of the figures are shown alone and others are in small groups. Are they waiting for something to happen or someone to come? I don't know the answer to that question. 
The images in my pieces are based on my photographs, which are used for the silk screens and stamps that I use along with dye, paint, and hand embroidery on silk.  My intent is to create a platform for viewers to engage with these women. 

Alone I   24 x 42           $805

Alone II  25 x 41     $805


Alone III  29 x 42        $825

1 comment:

  1. I really like these. I think you have captured the loneliness of age so well.

    ReplyDelete